Pages

31 March 2014

March Sewing Challenge

Bags.  This was the theme for this month's sewing challenge.  Do you know how many bags I have??  Way. Too. Many.  I really didn't want to make another one, especially since I made 2 diaper bags about a year and a half ago.  I know how to make bags.  But, summer is coming....and we know that we will be hanging at the water park in Corvallis as it is P's FAVORITE place.  Therefore: I need a wet bag.  Perfect!  It's a bag, and I will use it!!

Then this happened:

Notice the white specks around the mouth - num num.

...Which meant I had to take time out to make this:
I love having a fabric stash...

I was then pressed for time and thought I wouldn't get the bag finished for the challenge.  But it's done, not well, but done.  And I HATE PUL fabric....at least the thicker PUL that I used. We'll find out if this bag keeps up to it's name in a few months.  (FYI: PUL is a plastic coated fabric, that created a waterproof barrier.  It's the inside of my bag - so it keeps the wet in.)


No comments: