Pages

29 April 2014

18 Months Wise








P is 18 months old!  That's just crazy!  Every day I realize how much he is growing and learning.  He loves to say 'Thank you', 'Ah-oh', 'Jesus', 'Cheese', 'Dada', and recently 'bye bye' and 'wow'.  He is babbling conversations too.  Each day he does something new to surprise me.











Have I told you my son may be OCD?  A few weeks ago I couldn't find all my measuring cups and teaspoons/tablespoons.  I knew P had been playing with them.  A couple days later I looked in his toy box and they were all in there, all together, neatly stacked.  He also likes to have things in their place.  I let him play in the bathroom while I shower.  He gets all mad that place my foot on his toy or my drawer so I can put lotion on.  He is always pushing my foot off.

This past Sunday I was sweeping the floor after dinner.  P brought the dustpan over and after trying to scoop the pile up, he picked up a piece of rice, set it in the dustpan, and then went and dumped it in the garbage can.  And just yesterday I caught P using a tissue to pick up pineapple he dropped at lunch...and taking to the garbage.  Of course, P decided it wasn't much fun once I got the camera...


Then, P gathered all his stacking cups like this....

We had some nice weather days in March - which couldn't have come any sooner.    P discovered he liked to play in dirt....
I put on P's boots and he was in Heaven.  So we went outside and P discovered dirt tastes good....
Auntie Jen gave P a bucket, shovel, and rake.  P likes to rake the carpet mostly.  And he still steals Mama's cooler shovel.

We went to Marine Science Day at Hatfield Marine Science Center a couple weekends ago.  P loved watching the sea life.


And then we had an egg hunt at church.  It took P a while to figure out to pick up the eggs, but he still got a nice stash of candy. 




Love this little guy.

No comments: