Pages

01 October 2011

I see the light.....


Master Bedroom
We started painting once we got word it was ok.  This word came 2 days later than we were originally told it would come.  This meant we missed a Saturday’s worth of work.  (And for nothing because it was ready that Saturday- the texture guys just decided not to let Adair know they were finished) We had to call in Pops Hines to help.  Having painted professionally, Pops was able to complete all the priming and ceilings.  Brandon and I did the rest of the painting over Labor Day weekend, and then had 2 very long nights trying to finish up before the finish package arrived.  The finish package includes all the doors, mouldings, floorings, cabinets, countertops, sinks/toilets and lighting.  Painting before their installation was kinda necessary – no paint spills on the carpet or cabinets – and easier to paint a wall without a toilet in the way.  We were in such a hurry we have been touching up here and there to fix the bad job we did in some rooms. 

Master Bathroom minus fixtures









Kitchen -we tried to save time and missed a spot in the upper corner

Living Room with part of our finish package















Texture over the paint...not cool
We just finished touching up the paint last week and came in the next day to find the texture guys had been there.  They sprayed over the paint.  This was supposed to have been done before we started painting (which is why we originally waited to start the painting).  More painting.  We are not happy about this… 




In real life it looks better...but you get the idea

We also finally found a painter for the exterior.  We had 2 painters cancel on us, and another was too busy.  Brandon was worried we wouldn’t find anyone.  But we did.  The house turned out nice – a little dark than I wanted.  But I like it!  







We are immortalized
This last week the concrete was poured for the driveway, sideways, back & front porches.  I think the front porch looks so nice.  Brandon came up with the design.  It was too much to pour a landing at the entry.  We went with a trex deck and then concrete stairs up to the deck.  We also decided to mark our territory…we were a little late, but still scratched our name into the walkway.


Cool front steps to our place
We are finishing up the touch-up painting needed after the texture guys came.  We are almost done with that.  The blind order came last week, and we will get those installed next week (still searching for the drill in our storage unit).  The carpets are almost completely installed (they ran out so we are waiting on another roll).  Today the sprinkler guy installed the final touches to the fire sprinklers.  And I think we are almost done.  Tuesday we are having our final inspection.  If we pass, we will be able to move in later next week!!!  Brandon told me we were getting the air mattresses out and camping at the house until the movers come.  We have already set up delivery for our fridge, and set up movers for the week after next (in case inspection goes bad we'll have another week).  I guess that means I should be packing…  I'm ready to get settled - and I'm so stinking tired of painting.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Thanks for the updates, it is looking so nice. I was excited to see that Brandon got some orange paint in the master bathroom. :) I definitely want to see the finished product. That is so exciting to be moving into such a nice new home. Good luck with the final inspection!